When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, January 20, 2012

Writer's Workshop - Joy in the Journey


Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back over to Mama Kat's to add your name to the link list.   Also, try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!

The Prompts:

1.) Last week we talked about introverts…this week share a lessons (or lessons) you learned about friendship from an extravert.
2.) List the names of five dogs from your lifetime. Write about why one sparks a stronger memory to you than the others.
3.) You stepped foot into your first apartment and thought…
4.)Describe the scene at breakfast.
5.) What brings you joy in good time (and bad)? 


I chose number five this week.  What brings me joy in the good times and the bad?



Psalms 30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

For me, joy is simply found by choosing to follow my Savior.  It doesn't always surround me.  Sometimes it is hard to remember it.  But I know if I will only endure, Joy really will come in the morning. 
It is the peace that I find in the scriptures, the sweetness in my Savior's love.  It is the busyness of church, and the chaos of home.  Joy is found in hundreds of little things that are in my life.  Sometimes, I just  have to have the faith to get through the trial to the joy that waits on the other side. 
Second by second, minute by minute, day by day, we go from where ever we were to where we are right this moment.  If we are not careful, the days will pass almost without us being aware of it.  Joy waits patiently for us to learn to savor all she has to offer. 
I experience joy when I am grateful for the gifts that are all around me.  I see joy in the sunrise as well as the sunset.  I hear joy in the birdsong as well as the silence of the wind in the branches.  I feel joy in the sweet, sticky hugs of grandchildren, as well as the tender words of love spoken by those closest to my heart.  I touch joy in the soft skin of a newborn as well as in the (often) bearded face of my husband. 
Joy is all around us.  I have learned I need to look and be grateful for what I have, instead of dwelling on the sorrow for what I might be missing. 
Joy starts at any moment when I feel gratitude for my blessings.  And it fills my heart when I feel His love and peace.  
Psalms 16:11  Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. 




2 comments:

  1. Love this. We just did a study how this life today is the night(dark) and Jesus is the day.....light. I'm in agreement! Jesus gives me joy in the good times and the bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written! Finding joy in the little things I think is a great way of recognizing God's gifts to us.

    ReplyDelete