When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, January 21, 2012

Five Minute Friday - Vivid

On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just writewithout worrying if it’s just right or not.  Then we link up over at The Gypsy Mama and share our thoughts.  
Won’t you join us?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back over here and invite others to join in.
    3. Most important: comment and encourage the person who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Vivid…




START

The origin of Vivid is the Latan word Vividus, from the word Vivere meaning to live.  How I love that.  Thinking of vivid as a way to live, as a way to be.  To live life to the fullest.  To be all that He wants and needs me to be.  To fill myself with His grace, His Love, His will.  To be vivid in understanding, in principle, in duty. To be vivid in all my choices.  
When I think of vivid, I think of strength.  The ability to stand firm.  The ability to be myself.  In living a vivid life, I think of experiences.  To have depth and reach and breath in all the most important things.  To be someone that is unique and peculiar.  
I believe Heavenly Father wants me to be vivid in life.  He wants me to stand for Him.  He wants the vividness of my faith and belief to compliment my life.  They stand out in brilliant hues against the background of myself.  He defines who I am and what I am become.  

STOP

Now it is your turn.  What does vivid mean to you?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Love it. I love how you put words together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, you are completely vivid. You are unique, and brilliant. You are a shining example of Christ's love.

    ReplyDelete