When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sabbath Day Scribblings - A New Heart

"We have the hands to lift others from complacency and inactivity. We have the hearts to serve faithfully in our priesthood callings and thereby inspire others to walk on higher ground and to avoid the swamps of sin which threaten to engulf so many. The worth of souls is indeed great in the sight of God. Ours is the precious privilege, armed with this knowledge, to make a difference in the lives of others. The words found in Ezekiel could well pertain to all of us who follow the Savior in this sacred work:

" 'A new heart . . . will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you. . . .

" 'And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

" 'And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God' (Ezekiel 36:26–28).

"How might we merit this promise? What will qualify us to receive this blessing? Is there a guide to follow?

"May I suggest three imperatives for our consideration. They apply to the deacon as well as to the high priest. They are within our reach. A kind Heavenly Father will help us in our quest.

"First, learn what we should learn.

"Second, do what we should do.

"And third, be what we should be."

No comments:

Post a Comment