When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, April 18, 2019

What I learned - How Can I understand?

 
 
"When we earnestly, heartily, firmly, and sincerely seek to learn the gospel of Jesus Christ and teach it to one another, these teachings may transform hearts".
 
Twice a year, we have a General Conference, for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  It is a time when we actually watch conference at home on the TV, or go to the church and watch it on the Satellite broadcast.  It is done over a two day period of time on Saturday and Sunday. 
The very first talk was titled, "How can I understand", and was given by Elder Ulisses S. Soares.
I loved this talk.  The takeaways for me, were pretty simple. 
 
"As recorded in the book of Acts, Philip the evangelist taught the gospel to a certain Ethiopian who was a eunuch in charge of all the treasures belonging to the queen of Ethiopia.1 While returning from worshipping in Jerusalem, he read the book of Isaiah. Compelled by the Spirit, Philip came closer to him and said, “Understandest thou what thou readest?
“And [the eunuch] said, How can I, except some man should guide me? …
“Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.”
 
The talk was simply about teaching us to focus on Jesus.  To talk about Him, study Him and preach about Him.  To learn of Him and accept His invitation to us to "Come and See". 
I find that it can be so easy to get lost in the everyday problems of the world, that I don't take the time I should to study Jesus.  I want to become more like Him, but I need to find out more of what He is like to do that. 
May we all follow the council to Come and see!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment