When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Remember!



When I was younger, I used to wish that God would answer every prayer and guide my every step.  I really wanted to return back to Him, and thought the only way I could ever manage that is if He took control of my efforts.  Most of the time, He didn't seem to be listening.  Bad things continued to happen.  Worse things than I could ever imagine came my way.  So often, I could not feel Him in those dark places.  But you see, mixed in with all the darkness, were the few times full of light. 
There were times my fervent prayers were answered.  There were times the light broke through the darkness.  There were times of peace in the midst of sorrow.  There were friends found among the enemies.  So many little things that all bore testimony to me that He lives and that He loves me.  So many times where I felt His spirit there and when I was embraced in the arms of His love.  So many times, when I knew He was watching out for me. 
I learned, that He doesn't answer every prayer, but that He always listens.  I learned that He never gives us a trial, without a blessing.  I learned, that even in the hardest times of my life, at the very darkest moments, He was still there and I did not walk that way alone. 
An so, when life brings me even more darkness, as it is ever willing to do, I remember those feelings that I experienced and when I don't feel God right here in my life, I still know that He is there watching.  I remember the answers that have already come and am more willing to wait for the answers I want to come now.   Even if they are not here today, I know that they will eventually be there for me.  I remember the yesterday's of the past when my vision was blurred and the feelings of my heart that came with the answers to my prayers. 
He loves us.  He is there.  You are not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment