When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Eve of the Saviors Birth


Tonight is Christmas Eve.  The night before we commemorate the Savior's birth.  It is such an awe inspiring moment for me.  I wasn't there when Mary wrapped her first born son in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger.  I wasn't there when the angels sang, the shepherd's stopped in wonder or the wisemen followed the star.  I was not called to live upon the earth during the time of His life.
I am here now, to bear witness of the things that have gone before.  To bear testimony of the Son.  My testimony is not founded on the knowledge of being there.  Of being present, of seeing all those holy things.  My testimony is founded on the whisperings of the spirit.  I haven't seen His face, but I have seen His miracles in my own life.  I have heard the whisperings of the Spirit.  I have felt the touch of His love.
I know my Savior lives.  I know that he was born over two thousand years ago for my sake.  I know that He suffered, bled and died for me that I might be with Him again.  Most of all, I know that He loves us.  I know that He knows each one of our names.  He knows what we like and don't like.  He knows our weaknesses and our strengths.  He knows what we have the potential to become.
May your eyes see what He would see.  May your ears hear those whom He would hear.  May your touch always bless those around you with gentleness, forgiveness and mercy.  May you say the things that He would say if He were here right now.  And, above all, may you testify of Him in your everyday thoughts and actions.
Here is one of my very favorite hymns.  I can never sing it without feeling the message of these simple words.  My you always stand amazed when you think of Him. 

I Stand All Amazed


I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died


Chorus:
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me
Oh, it is wonderful
Wonderful to me


I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine
That he should extend his great love unto such as I
Sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify


(Repeat chorus)

I think of his hands, pierced and bleeding to pay my debt
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet

By Charles H. Gabriel




I know my Savior lives. 



No comments:

Post a Comment