When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, January 5, 2023

Savior

 It has been a very long time since I have written anything at all on my blog.  It has been a rough few years, but we are still going strong.  I retired from the Postal Service and am home now.  I have seen three new grandchildren born and was able to babysit one of them for the past 2 1/2 years.  It has been a blessing in so many ways.

I am sure I will have more to write about life at a later date.  Today I want to write about current events and how I am changing because of them.

Every year, I choose one word to work on throughout the year.  I do not do resolutions.  I think those just set us up for failure in our lives.  Life is hard enough without failing every single year.  So, I choose a word that I work on throughout the year.  Past words have included:

tenacity, strength, compassion, repentance and love.  

This year, I am seriously going bigger with my word.  My word this year is Savior.  Not in the way that I want to be Him.  There was only ever one perfect person in the world and I am not, nor never can be Him.  But, I can strive in my day to day like to be more like Him.  

I want to love better, accept more, judge less and learn of Him.  I want my life to reflect His teachings.  

I love my Savior  I want to be a better person.  I want to change who I am and become someone that I can admire and want to be around.  

You see, I know He lives.  I know He loves each of us  I know that I can become more like He would have me be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment