When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Lord's NO's



I don't like to be told "No".  It just makes me feel bad.  Generally, when I ask for something, it is something that I think I really need or really want.  I spent way too much of my life hearing the word, "no".  Still, when the Lord says No, as disappointed as I might be, I have learned to wait.  I am not able to see the bigger picture.  I am living in the here and now, not in forever yet.
Sometimes, (OK, all the time) the Lord knows and sees so much more than I can.  He has told me "no" a lot.  Later when I look back, I am so grateful for that simple unanswered prayer.  No matter how heart felt it was at the time, there was so much more in store than I could have imagined.
I have learned that the Lord is mindful of me and my needs.  He is always willing to bless me and wants what is best for me.  He allows me to struggle, but He also rewards my efforts.  The purpose of life here is to grow, to struggle, to be strengthened through our own many experiences.
We may never know when we will receive the answers that we seek, but I know, with time and strength, we shall find the yes that we really needed after all.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

1 comment: