When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, September 23, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Growing


It is time for my favorite part of the week.  A time when I get to be myself, and not think too hard about the words that I want to write.  A time when the creative juices go into overtime and just write.
We write for five minutes flat on Fridays.
We write bold and beautiful and free. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just write or not.
Won’t you join us?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here with the Gypsy Mama and invite others to join in.
    3. Go a little overboard encouraging the writer who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

START

Growing…

The first thing that I think of when I ponder growing is simply watching all my children grow up; tall and strong, bold and free, thoughtful and concerned.  It is seeing them change from babies, to children, to teenagers, to adults.  It is all about watching the process.  Watching them learn, question, go to school, play, work, worry, date, marry and have small babies of their own.  Watching how they meet all of life's challenges head on.  Watching them continue to grow and learn.  It is seeing your child become a husband or a wife; a mother or a father.  It is seeing them change.  It is about holding them tight, and letting them go to grow and learn on their own.  It is about finding the joy in the constant ebb and flow of life.  
Yet, as I think more on this I realize that I too am constantly growing.  Growing up, growing out, growing fat (but never thin!)  Growing in testimony, growing in righteousness, growing in love.  There are so many areas of my life where I find myself learning and growing, more and more, and I realize that growing isn't all about children.  It is about each and every one of us; the sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father.  As I learn through my trials, I grow in faith.  As I am challenged, I grow in strength.  As I stand up for those things which I believe, I grow in integrity.  As I learn to love those around me, I grow in compassion and charity.  I am learning that it is up to me to prepare myself for the growth that is a gift from God.  It is up to me to be willing to change and become the woman that He is making me to be.  I choose to turn my heart toward the gift of grace.  I choose to accept Him into my life.  I choose to turn toward eternity.  I choose to come to know Him.  I choose to GROW.

STOP


So, what do you have to say in just five minutes?  Come and share and grow with the rest of us over at The Gypsy Mama.  

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful... You had a lot to say in those 5 minutes! My kids are little still, and I'm definitely in no rush to have them grow up. Just this morning I prayed that God would help me to gracefully watch my children grow...My instinct is to swaddle them close and try to keep them young, but I know that's not what's best.
    Great post, and thanks for commenting on mine. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So insightful and full of wisdom...Thank you for touching my heart through your beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your 5 minute thoughts. I relate to your thoughts.
    Blessings to you and keep on enjoying all of your moments!

    ReplyDelete