When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, February 3, 2011

Once there was a silly old ant


This is a very old song that I grew up hearing.  My mother had many records of Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley.  She would take out the ironing board and iron the clothes while listening to the records.  This was one of my very favorite songs.  The tune was catchy, and I always imagined myself as the ant.  I just knew that I could do anything I set my mind to doing.



Usually, when we talk about becomming like a little child, we are talking about faith.  But I wonder if a part of that child we are supposed to embrace is hope.  It just might be the belief that with the Lord's help, we can do anything we need to do.  That complete and total trust in Him.  The faith to believe that if He wants us to succeed, we will, no matter how hard or impossible it seems.   Hope is the thing that gives us the courage to try.  I wonder sometimes, how many of us are really willing to give it our best shot, even when it seems impossible. 

The question for today is simple really; are you like the ant?  Who doesn't give up even when those around him might laugh and mock him?  Or are you one of the ones laughing and mocking and taking away someone else's hope?

“Dum spiro, spero (Latin), "While I breath, I hope"

"Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark".  ~George Iles

1 comment:

  1. I remember that song. They used to sing it on Laverne and Shirley (sp?)...That comment probably makes me sound older than I am...I am SO trying to be the ant. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete