When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Remember



I Remember
by Patricia A Pitterle

I remember when
the bishop was so tall
I had to look up at the sky
to see his face,
When Sunday's seemed never to end
and the rest of the week 
sped by
faster than the trains 
that came through the middle of town.
When the children in Sunday School
called me names
until I cried
and from then on
I sat on the last row
all by myself.
I remember when 
faith was a thing I took for granted,
when hope for a brighter tomorrow
was always in my heart
and when love was always ready to bubble over
with another's kind word or smile.

Today, the bishop isn't quite so tall,
Sundays are never long enough
and when I sit in the last row
I am surrounded by little ones who share it with me. 
My faith shines forth from their eyes,
My hopes are forever in their dreams,
And love bubbles over
with squishy hugs and sticky kisses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment