When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, September 3, 2010

What the Atonement means to Kayla


Well, I would be most ungrateful if I did not include my sweet middle child Mikayla in the talks.  She hates to prepare them, research them, or give them.  She struggles every step of the way to be obedient in this, but her work and efforts paid off and she was able to do a wonderful job.  I kept all the talks simple.  I figured out that I want the girls to learn from the experience and not be too stressed out with what needed to be said.   We worked very hard on these and were even able to practice on Sunday morning before church.



Jesus paid the price for our sins so that, if we repent, we can be forgiven and live with Him again.  This sacrifice is known as the Atonement.  Because He loved us enough to suffer, bleed and die for us, Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer. The Atonement is the greatest expression of the Savior’s love for each one of us.  
John Chapter 3 verse 16 says: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"

My testimony of the Savior is strengthened as I learn about Him in the scriptures.  Our family reads about Him each morning as we gather together and read His words.  I want to be obedient to His teachings.  My family has been reading some of the testimonies of the Prophets as we were getting ready for our talks.  My favorite is the testimony that President Gordon B. Hinckley shared with the children of the world.  He said:
 "Jesus is my friend. He is my exemplar. He is my teacher. He is my healer. He is my leader. He is my Savior and my Redeemer. He is my God and my King. Gratefully, and with love, I bear witness of these things"

I would like to share a poem with you that talks about the Savior.

Jesus is my Savior, for
He rescues me from me.
I’ll try to explain just how to you.
It’s very clear to see.

Heavenly Father sent me here
To learn to choose the right.
I can’t get back to live with Him
Unless I win the fight.

Each day I have to make a choice.
Some days I seem to choose
The path that leads away from Christ,
And that’s the way I lose.

But God knew that I’d need some help,
So Jesus said He’d come
And be my Savior so I can try
To be the best I can become.

And when I try to change my ways—
A better person be—
I can succeed because of Christ
Who gave His life for me.

I know that Jesus is my Savior because he died for my sins. I want to do all I can to follow his example and be worthy to live with him again someday.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen


1 comment:

  1. well done--and saved here forever, that is a great idea. Kids love to look back as they get older and see their thoughts, and words. nice job.

    ReplyDelete