When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, September 10, 2010

OH MY!


Not too long ago, I took the girls in to see their pediatrician.   We found out (much to their dismay) that the each needed one or two shots.  The first one got so upset that she fell completely apart in the doctor's office.  I decided that it would be easier to let them calm down and bring them back later.  So we waited.  I let them know the day before that we were going in to get shots.  They were not happy!  By the time we walked into the Doctor's office, Anya had worked herself up into a full blown panic attack.  We decided to do her first.  She was screaming, grabbing her arms and crying loudly.  All of a sudden, the nurse said, "see, it is all over".  Instantly her tears dried up and she got a rather stunned look on her face.  She looked up at the nurse and said, "Is that all???  That wasn't too bad!"  Than she hopped off the chair and went to sit over by the other girls and started reading her book.  The nurse looked over at me with raised eyebrows and I mouthed back to her, "They are drama queens!"  After all, what else was there to say?

I have realized that we can all be drama queens (or kings for that matter) about different things in our lives.  I know that I worry over so many things.  How I look, what people think, what I will say, what someone else will reply, and so forth.  I sometimes have a hard time just being in the moment without bringing all that extra emotion along for the ride.
What I learned from Anya is that the expectation of a problem can sometimes be worse than the actual problem.  Sometimes how bad something is or isn't, is really all in our heads.  Maybe, I need to remember to trust my Heavenly Father in the little things as well as the big ones.  Maybe I need to learn not to panic quite as often and wait to see what happens.   After all, who am I to tell Him what I really need.  I think He knows me just a little bit better than I know myself.  So, I think, just maybe, He knows how to get me back home to Him.
And isn't that what this life is really all about?

1 comment:

  1. Great insights! It is true... anticipation is usually SO MUCH BIGGER than the real deal. And that can work for both the good and the bad. I got so much form this... thanks for the reminders!!!
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete