When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, September 2, 2010

A sweet talk


My youngest child, Anya, had to speak in Sacrament on Sunday.  Actually, we all did, but she got to go first and I thought that I would post her talk here.  As you know (especially if you have children) when your family is asked to speak in Sacrament meeting, you spend a lot of time (helping them) write the talks.  We all spoke on the Atonement, so we had to have different talks about it.  It was quite a challenge.  The girls had a good time doing it and they did so well at presenting that I just might be able to give up my talk writing career one day soon.  I love it when it all goes together well.


My favorite song in primary reminds me how much Jesus loves me.  I would like to share some of the words from “I Feel My Savior’s Love” with you.  

I feel my Savior’s love.
In all the world around me.
His spirit warms my soul
Through everything I see

I feel my Savior’s love.
And know that he will bless me.
I offer him my heart;
My shepherd he will be.

He knows I will follow him.
Give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior’s love
The love he freely gives me. 

The words to this song remind me that Jesus is my Savior, he died for each of us and because he did, we can return to live with Heavenly Father again someday. 
Jesus suffered and paid the price for our sins. This is called the “Atonement”.
While we are here on earth, each of us will make mistakes and sin. Because or our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can repent and become clean again.
When we take the sacrament each Sunday, it reminds us that we can be clean again if we seek to obey His commandments, repent when we sin and always remember him. 

I know that Jesus loves me and he loves each and every one of us. We can feel our Savior’s love when we do the things that bring us closer to him like go to church, read the scriptures or say our prayers. I know that I can show my love for the Savior by following his example and obeying the commandments.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.



1 comment: