When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

By the Obedience of One


I have two favorite thoughts that I want to share. The first is a scripture from the New Testament. I really love it. It is found in Romans 5:19.


"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous”

What a great way to show us that we are each important! There is power in being one in Christ. There is power in righteousness. Don’t listen to the world who would tell you that one voice doesn’t matter. The Lord has told us that it does. Just look at Jesus. He was one voice who changed the world. There are many examples of one person changing the world in the scriptures. You have Noah, Moses, David, Lehi, Nephi, Alma, Mormon, and Moroni. You also have current day prophets with their testimonies.

My second thought is from Gordon B. Hinkley. I really think this one is meant for me! I want to learn to stand for something that matters!
"You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. The world must be a better place for your presence. And that good that is in you must be spread to others. I do not suppose that any of us here will be remembered a century from now. But in this world so filled with problems, so constantly threatened by dark and evil challenges, you can and must rise above mediocrity, above indifference. You can become involved and speak with a strong voice for that which is right. You cannot be indifferent to a great cause. You cannot simply stand on the sidelines and watch the play between the forces of good and evil". ("Stand Up for Truth." 22-23). Gordon B. Hinckley.

I pray that we may all learn to stand for something that matters. Something that makes a difference!


"I have never wished to cater for the crowd; for what I know they do not approve,
and what they approve I do not know".  Epictetus

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I am so glad that you shared this.

    I just did a post on Simple Sharing Moments about not making service complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really love the quote about the One. I had never heard that before. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! :D Thanks so much for sharing this... I haven't read many blogs lately and am so glad I read this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete