When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Packages


The Packages come into the Post Office every day.  I receive anywhere from 100 to 300 every day of the week.  (Except Sunday's when there is no one in my office!)  We have ten shelving units that we place the packages on.  They wrap around in a u-shaped configuration.  They are in numerical order for the last digit of the address.  If your address ends in one, that the package is on the "1" shelf.  If your address ends in a two, than it is placed on the "2" shelf.
It is a good system, but can be just the slightest bit confusing when there are a lot of packages to look through.  Sometimes the small packages end up under a larger one and the "get lost" until something is cleared out of the way and they are "found again.  The bigger, bolder boxes are always the easiest to spot and the ones that get noticed the quickest.  The smaller the package, the easier it is to lose it in the shuffle of all the other packages.
The one thing I have noticed is that everyone wants their packages.  They don't care if they are large or small, big or little, wrapped in brightly colored paper or just a plain, brown box.  The people in my town want to receive every package that is for them.

Sometimes, I think that life is a lot like the Post Office where I work.  People are like the packages that I receive.  Some people are large in stature and importance.  They put themselves forward with flashy containers or fancy papers.  Some are quiet and reserved.  Hiding behind the bigger, more easily spotted people.  Yet, each of us are just as valuable as the other in our own way.  We each have a purpose and a calling.  It doesn't matter what we look like.  It only matters that we are willing and able to serve.  So, don't be intimidated by what you perceive as the packaging of others.   You also have your place.  It won't be the same place as anyone else.  After all, think how boring this world would be if we were all Postmasters!  Our Heavenly Father does not need or want us all to be the same.  There is a job and a purpose that only you can fill.  It is up to you to step up, step out, and just do it!

2 comments:

  1. Patty Ann you are the sweetest and I always appreciate your kind comments on my blog :) I love the analagy you posted above... how true and it really made me think. Who doesn't love a package from the post office anyway? People have surprised me sometimes by what I've perceived from their "package".. it's nice to find out how great people can be underneith it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! There are so many simple but important truths to treasure in this blog. And, I am inspired. You'll soon be seeing a blog post from me along this line! Thanks!! :D

    ReplyDelete