When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, September 9, 2016

The Blessings Will Come




This can be a hard one for me to remember.  Yet, I have found it to be so true!  Especially in the past few years of my life.  As hard as things have been, as upset as I have been, as angry and hurt as I have been, there are still blessings.  I find them on a daily basis.  They are often in the little things, but they are definitely there. 
Blessings can be as simple as a text message from a friend, a smile, a shared tear, they can be big or small, but there are completely recognizable, at least they are when we pay attention.  I would be remiss in acknowledging my blessings, if I did not also acknowledge the hand of my Heavenly Father in my life. 
With as hard a life as I have been "blessed" with, it is easy to overlook the blessings when I am not focused on them.  It is always a little bit easier to find the negative, rather than the positive in life.  We are surrounded by negativity.  It is in everything we watch and listen to.  On the other hand, we have to really try and remain positive through it all. 
When I only look at the negative, I find myself being caught up in the mess of depression.  I judge myself more harshly, I fail easier, I find all the faults instead of the promises.  When I focus on the positive, I find myself surrounded by that also.  I find the beauty in the moment, I find the gift of friendship, I discover how uplifting it is to smile. 
When I focus on the positive, I realize that I love life, in all its messy bits and pieces.  I love the hope and the prospects of the future.  I love seeing the divinity in the eyes of His children.  I find myself drawing ever nearer to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment