When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Ducks in a Pond


I don't have all, or even some,
of my ducks in a row. 
But they're all in the same pond,
so I've got that going for me, which is nice. 

I have always wanted to be one of those women who had it all put together.  The women I admire are strong and independent.  They are successful in their own right.  They are great mothers and grandmothers.  They seem to know exactly what they want and how to get there.  Unfortunately, I am not even close.
It is one of my largest struggles to not compare myself to other women.  Somehow, when I do, I find myself incredibly lacking.  In my mind, they are just so much better than I am.  I think, to an extent, we all struggle with this one.  We want to be better, we really do, but sometimes life just gets right in our way.  We have waves and tides and sometimes even a whirlpool or two.  Right now, I am in the depths of whirlpool and can't even begin to see my way out.  I know, if I hold on, it will come.  I have faith that it will all work out. 
Like I said, my ducks are at least in the same pond!  Problem is, so is the whirlpool! 
So, as I seek not to judge myself today, let me council with you, that you might not be too harsh a judge upon yourself.  I believe that most of us are simply doing the very best we can at this given moment in time.  I believe that what we are, right this moment, is enough.  I believe that He loves you and me just as we are.  It isn't that He doesn't want better for us, it is simply that He loves us in our own here and now.  He knows who we are.  He know how we struggle.  He knows how much life can hurt. 
I believe that He wants us to accept ourselves and come to Him.  He stands waiting to heal our broken hearts and lift our weary knees.  He wants to share our burdens and bear our pain, but He also won't take it from us if we don't ask.

 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me".  Revelation 3:20


 

No comments:

Post a Comment