When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, December 8, 2011

Writer's Workshop - Winter Snow


Every week you’re invited to join us in Writer’s Workshop over at Mama Kat's by responding to one of the provided writing prompts posted each Tuesday. The directions are simple:

  • Choose a writing prompt from the list provided that inspires you most.
  • Write.
  • Come back this Thursday and paste the URL from your post into the list of links that will be displayed…this way anyone can click on your post thumbnail and head over to your place to see what you wrote.

 Writing Prompts:

1.) Have you decorated your Christmas tree? Share a favorite Christmas ornament.
2.) What is it about that movie that makes you cry every. time?
3.) Open letter to Santa Claus.
4.) Blast from the Past: What were you writing about last year at this time? Tell us what has changed (if anything) since then.
5.) Write a poem about a snow memory.



Winter Snow
By Patricia A Pitterle

The snow falls
softly and beautifully
 in quiet whispers.
Glistening and sparkling
Like glitter
On the paper
That is my life.
Each and every time
I see the flakes
Falling softly down
To the earth,
I stop to breathe in
The wonder
Of utter coolness.

I taste the ice
Of winter in the air.
I see the colors
Of the world
Covered up
In a soft blanket
Of white, winter wonder.

I watch the clouds dance
Against the ice blue
Of the sky.
The snow is cold
On my bear skin
As I reach out to touch
And it slips through my fingers.

The large, drifting flakes
Settle softly on the ground.
I stand there,
Twirling circles
In the shifting swirls.
Enjoying for this moment
The beauty that is snow.
My Life
is much like
The crisp winter snow.
The cold of trials
Fall upon me,
Filling me with sadness
And despair.
But hope also falls
Upon this place.
Settling softly
On my heart.
It glistens and sparkles
And covers the agonies
I have endured.

Soon the adversities
Are covered up
In a soft blanket
Of love
And forgiveness.
I experience life again
In all of it’s wonder.

The snows of life
Shift and move
And fall again
Making swirls
in the pattern of the light,
Until soon, I feel faith
Settle softly on my heart.

Spring will surely
come again,
And this winter
will, eventually, pass.
It is Faith that twirls
And whispers
quietly around me.

This is only
for a small season.
I can endure.
He is here,
I am loved
Safe, in His arms,
At last.


4 comments:

  1. I just really enjoyed your poem today. It was sweet and inspiring. You have a gift to share and I thank you for it.
    Blessings to you for a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew you would choose the poem ... as you well should. You're very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a load of snow. Beautifully written poem.
    I really like these lines, "But hope also falls
    Upon this place.
    Settling softly
    On my heart.
    It glistens and sparkles
    And covers the agonies
    I have endured."

    Peace...Naila Moon
    http://writing-out-of-the-blue.blogspot.com/2011/12/special-letter-to-santa-oh-my-dear.html

    ReplyDelete