When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, December 16, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Connected

Won’t you join me today?  Join me as I share a part of myself in just five short minutes.  A time to relax, reflect, and review.  A time when we just write without worry.  
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back to The Gypsy Mama and invite others to join in.
    3. Most important: visit, comment, encourage the person before you.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on 
Connected.
START
I grew up not knowing what connection really was.  I wanted it.  I craved it.  I even dreamed of it, but in my life, it just wasn't there.  I did not even know how to make it happen.  I never imagined such a large number of people all being connected to me.
Somehow, I learned that connection is largely about loving and letting go.  It is about growing and learning and caring.  It is about loving someone so much that you have to let them make their own decisions and walk their own paths, even when those paths are not the ones I would choose for them myself.  It is finding joy in the small triumphs, and always praying for the heartaches.   It is holding each other close in our hearts, even when distance separates our bodies.  It is making the effort and finding the time and the energy to let others know how much they matter.  It is seeing the good in them and overlooking the mistakes.  
Connection is a state of being.  It is allowing the love to be more important than the wants, realizing that happiness always includes a few tears, and knowing that touch can mend bridges and heal hearts.   Sometimes connection is simply my own attitude of what is most important in my life.  
For me, connection is about my relationship with God, my relationship with my family, and my relationship with those that are around me.  Together, in our family, we are might.  There is consolation in our caring.  There is strength in our sharing.  There is power in our connection and love.  The scriptures tell us:
“That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,  “May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; “And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.” (Eph. 3:17–19.)

Connection is the Love that we have one for another, and for Him who gives us everything.   May we be filled with His love.  


STOP

3 comments:

  1. I love what you have written here. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I love how you wrapped up here.
    "Connection is the Love that we have one for another, and for Him who gives us everything. May we be filled with His love."
    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome 5 minute post with enlightening thoughts.
    Blessings to you for an inspiring me. Connection is a very important word and I like how you used it in this one.

    ReplyDelete