When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, December 15, 2011

Writer's Workshop - Puzzle Pieces


Thursday is one of the best days!  It is a day that I write with a prompt, and see where it goes.  A day when I get to choose something different and apply it to my life.  The rules are simple.  Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list over at Mama Kat's.  Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!  See you there!

The Prompts:

1.) 10 things I Wanted for Christmas as a Kid but Didn’t Get and Still Want.
2.) If you HAD to marry a celebrity…who would you choose and why? (Let’s just pretend you’re not actually already married mkay?)
3.) Your nativity scene.
4.) Share a story from your college years.
5.) Describe your least favorite meal growing up.

I chose number three.  My nativity scene.


My Nativity is a puzzle.  It is unique.  It is amazing.  I have a wonderful friend that made it for me many years ago.  It is something that I have had under my tree for a long time.  It reminds me of the meaning of Christmas, and the joy that really does come from sharing with those around you.  
The Nativity is always something that attracts the children.  I have had many different ones in my life.  Mostly breakable.  Several that I made myself.  Whichever I have always sits right under the Christmas tree.  My children have always been able to play with them and move them around.  
For years, the nativity in our house was a hodgepodge of mixed up pieces.  The ones leftover from Christmas's past, that hadn't managed to get broken yet.  You can't have six small children without getting glass things broke.  I always wanted one that the children could play with and enjoy without me needed to worry, but they were always so expensive.  
Each year, I would watch, and each year, I would lovingly put the old pieces away again.  
Several years ago, one of my good friends wanted to make something special for me for Christmas.  She had her husband cut out the pieces, and she painted them all in beautiful colors.  It is one of my favorite gifts.  It sits beneath the tree in a place of honor.  The grandchildren play with the pieces, and we help them put it together and take it apart many times every season.  There is just something wonderful about it.  
Life is a puzzle just like my nativity.  You have to be willing to rearrange it, change it, and keep trying in order to get through it.  There are no extra pieces in God's Universe.  Each of us are here because we have a place to fill and something to share.  He as put is exactly where we need to be to find our best fit.  It is up to us to make sense of it.  Each one of us my fit ourselves into the big jigsaw puzzle that is called life.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, life is a puzzle indeed! Love the analogy. And the nativity puzzle is completely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nativity! I would have to go with least favorite meal :(

    Life in Red Shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a Nativity like this. I love it! And it is great for kids to be able to manipulate.

    ReplyDelete