When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, December 2, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Tired

Oh, today, today is Friday. And on Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.
Won’t you join us?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here at the Gypsy Mama and invite others to join in. 3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Tired…


Start

Sometimes, I can feel so tired.  There are so many things going on in my life.  I am running here there and everywhere else.  There is so much on my plate, and Christmas can make it seem even more chaotic than it really is.  I am not good at slowing down.  I am tired.  
Today, if it could go wrong, it did.  The computer systems at work completely crashed, we had over a foot of snow fall, the mail was late and the girls were all out of school on a snow day.  It has made for one crazy day.   The girls were supposed to be practicing the piano and cleaning their room (you can't see the floor, no kidding).  They got tired, so they went outside and built and igloo.  It is really a snow hill that they are using to sled on, but it was a lot of work.  I like that, when you are tired, do more work to help you not be so tired.  I think there is a moral in that somewhere!  Maybe it is as simple as slowing down and taking a little time out for play.  It might be as easy as doing something that you love to do.  
So, for this Christmas season, I think I am going to work on one thing at a time.  One moment each day when I remember the Savior and what Christmas really means.  A moment when I take a break from the chaos and turn toward Him.  A moment when I remember the things that are most important to me.  Those things that remind me most of Him.  
For Christmas this year, I am giving myself the gift of simplicity.  One moment at a time.  Our moment tonight is sitting together, watching movies, eating popcorn, and just enjoying each other's company.  A simple moment of family to relax and enjoy  A way to remember that life is not all about "tired".  Sometimes (most times) it is about choices.  

STOP 

No comments:

Post a Comment