When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, April 7, 2016

What I learned - Where Two or Three are Gathered


If you listen with the Spirit, you will find your heart softened, your faith strengthened, and your capacity to love the Lord increased.

I love General Conference, for those of my friends who are not LDS, it is a weekend filled with spiritual nourishment.  Talks that help me get through my life.  No matter what I am facing, there is always some hidden gem inside the talk for me.  I decided that once a week, I will share some of the things that I have learned there.  I hope they help you with your own trials. 

Where and when we feel the closeness of the Savior depends on each of us. He gave this instruction:
“And again, verily I say unto you, my friends, I leave these sayings with you to ponder in your hearts, with this commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall call upon me while I am near—
“Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you” (D&C 88:62–63).
 
For me, probably the most important part of this talk was the reminder that He is near.  He wants us to ask.  If we do not feel close to Him, it is not because He has pulled away, it is because we have.   He talked about the parable of the sower and how well the seeds did depended on the ground that they fell on.  He talked about how devious Satan is, that he tries to lead us a stray by telling us that belief is childish and not important. 
 
I just went to counseling the other day, and my counselor brought up much the same things to me.  I have seen how Satan works in my own family.  I have seen how he destroys and damages those I love.  It is so hard for me, with all the amazing testimonies that have been part of our lives, how easy it is to walk away simply because something doesn't make sense right this moment. 
I have learned to work on patience in the waiting.  I am not perfect at it, but I am working on it.
 
I love my Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ.  I believe that they will guide and direct us if we will ponder and ask.  I believe that they are near, if we just open our hearts and let them in.   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment