When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, April 9, 2016

Love all over again

 
Some days, I really struggle not to be angry, not to hate.  I really have learned in my life that hate is not the answer.  It only poisons the inside of me.  The other person obviously doesn't care whether I hate them or not.  The only person that it matters to is me. 
I believe that we don't have to "win" the race.  All we are supposed to do is to finish it, in honor and dignity, in testimony and worthiness.  We are not racing against each other in this life.  As a matter of fact, I think if we are not at least trying to help each other along the way, it will be much harder to finish. 
We forgive, not for the person who has caused us wrong, but for ourselves.  We forgive so that we are not consumed with the hate and the getting even and the revenge.  We forgive to let go and move on.  Heavenly Father knew how hard it would be.  We all have so many blessing to live for and be thankful for.  Being truly free is letting go and moving on and finding others to love us. 
Forgiving doesn't mean that you have to pretend it never happened.  Forgiving can absolutely be protecting your self and not putting yourself in the situations again. 
I have learned that forgiving for me is when I no longer feel angry toward the person involved.  It is when I can look at them and be sorry for their actions.  It is knowing that there are consequences for everything and believing that I don't have the power to cause the consequences.  It is trusting in God's justice and also His great mercy.  It is believing that He truly knows our hearts and that He knows our lives and our weaknesses. 
I think that I can put justice in His hands and allow Him to take care of it.  For me, that will be enough. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment