When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, April 15, 2016

Soft-Hearted

BEING SOFT-HEARTED DOES NOT
MAKE YOU A WEAK PERSON. 
IT TAKES COURAGE TO STAY DELICATE
IN A WORLD THAT IS SOMETIMES CRUEL.

I am very blessed.  My husband, is one of the most soft-hearted people that I know.  He is kind, he is loving, he does what needs doing, and usually, he doesn't even complain about it.  He even puts up with me.  I think that might make him nearly perfect!  Seriously, I think that staying soft-hearted can be one of the hardest things we ever do.  We live in a crazy, mixed up world, a world that thinks that men and women should be exactly the same.  A world that rewards the courser attributes.  A world that thinks that kindness and compassion are weak. 
I know this personally, because those things have caused me a lot of trouble in my own experience.  Those traits are ridiculed and criticized.  They are not wanted in the business world that I work in.  It makes it hard to keep those things which are important, but not acknowledged or rewarded, as part of your life. 
I think that we have enough anger in our lives.  We have enough hardness, callousness, and bitterness in the world.  Maybe, just maybe, we need a little more tenderness, nurturing and soft-heartedness.  Maybe we need to try and develop those traits that are a little more gentle and caring.  Maybe we need to change what we are looking for in our personal lives.  Maybe, we just need to be a little more accepting of those God-given traits that are within each one of us. 
We are made in His image.  I think that He wants us to be soft-hearted, compassionate, and caring toward one another.  I think He wants us to be more like Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment