When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, April 1, 2016

We make a lot of Mistakes


I make a lot of mistakes.  I struggle with many things.  But, I have to admit, I would much rather be around others who make mistakes and admit them and talk about them, than to be around those who can do no wrong. 
I am so blessed to have a few good friends.  I am blessed to have those around who will grumble and complain about their own problems and then willingly listen to mine.  I am blessed to have wonderful women in my life who have shared their hearts with me and allowed me to share with them. 
When we share one another's burdens, we become closer to them, more accepting, and even a little safer in our own disclosures.  There is not much that I would be uncomfortable sharing because they accept me for exactly who I am right this minute, and encourage me to become better. 
I have found that the best friends are the ones who allow you to be comfortable in your own skin.  They allow you to cry, and mourn, and to just be yourself, in all your agony.  I have come to understand that the best friends don't just listen to you, they also share a part of themselves with you.  It helps me not to feel worse because I might have perceive them to be better than I am.  It helps me to understand that we are all human.  We all struggle.  We all cry.  Sometimes, we are overwhelmed.  But good friends help you find your center.  They help you get your focus.  They love you through your very worst times. 
My friends share their own mistakes.  I need that.  I learn from them how to handle the trials in my own life.  Sometimes, I am so sorry for them and I realize through them how blessed I am that I am not going through those same things too. 
Love is amazing.  We have the power to lift each other up to be the Daughters of God that we were meant to be.  None of us can walk this life alone.  Sharing the love with imperfect sisters is one of the most fulfilling parts of my life.  They help to make me feel whole.  They remind me everyday that I am loved, needed and never really alone. 
I can be strong, because they hold me up and give their strength to me.  They strengthen my knees when they are weak, and hold up my arms when they hang down.  They pray for me, fast for me, and love me. 
I am richer because they are in my life.  I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like my life only consists of mistakes, bad habits, and etc. I'm still struggling to take somewhat depressive thoughts out of my head. And when I'm encouraged enough to tell my friends about my feelings or mistakes I feel better when they share the moment and just hug me, than saying "It's ok" or "It'll get better" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all feel that way sometimes Min, thank you so much for sharing, most of all, remember that we love you!

    ReplyDelete