When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, April 21, 2016

What I learned - I am a child of God


The soul that on Jesus 
hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, 
desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell 
should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, 
I’ll never, no never,
I’ll never, no never, 
no never forsake!

This talk was good for me in my present time.  I think that it can be easy to forget who we really are, and where we come from.  We are surrounded by a world that is filled with busy things.  It become easy to focus on those things instead of who we are.  I loved how Elder Hailstorm asked the questions: 

"When difficult things occur in our lives, what is our immediate response? 
Is it confusion or doubt or spiritual withdrawal? 
Is it a blow to our faith? 
Do we blame God or others for our circumstances? 
Or is our first response to remember who we are—that we are children of a loving God?

For me, I find myself blaming.....well, myself.  I rarely point fingers at others.  Instead of having doubts, or blame or sacrificing my faith, I usually sit and think about what I should have done, or could have done to change those difficult things.  Somehow, without anyone else pointing fingers, I find myself questioning my own thoughts and actions.   
It isn't a blow to my faith, it is a blow to my own worth.  
So, this week, I am working on remembering that I am a Child of God.  That He loves me, exactly as I am right this minute.  That my sins are forgiven and that He knows my name.  
This week I am working on my immediate response.  I am working to ensure that I  remember who I am, where I am from and where I am going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment