When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Days of Hope - Day 6


“My message to you today, my brothers and sisters, is simply this: the Lord is in control. He knows the end from the beginning. He has given us adequate instruction that, if followed, will see us safely through any crisis. His purposes will be fulfilled, and someday we will understand the eternal reasons for all of these events. Therefore, today we must be careful to not overreact, nor should we be caught up in extreme preparations; but what we must do is keep the commandments of God and never lose hope!”


This year, I am learning that Hope is not for the faint of heart!  Sometimes, it is hard to find, and even harder to keep.  But I am also learning that I can find it in the small, familiar blessings of my day to day existence.  I can hold it in the gifts of love from my children and my husband.  I can see it in their kindness and caring.   Hope warms my heart when I am weary and strengthens my knees when they are weak.  Hope helps me to remember that the Lord is the one in control and not me.  I can't fix anything.  I don't have that kind of power.  But I do have the power to trust and find hope in His words and teachings.  I choose to allow that hope to be a comfort and a blessing.  I choose to remember that this too shall pass away.  I choose to believe that the Lord loves me and is mindful of me and that peace is possible after all.   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for another lovely post on the subject of hope. I am enjoying your thoughts.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete