When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, October 26, 2012

31 Days of Hope - Day 26

FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY



This is my favorite part of the week.  We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that is posted over at Lisa Jo's
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.

Unscripted. Unedited. Real.

So come join us on Fridays.  Come be a part of a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.  Gather together with us to share what five minutes can mean. Just five minutes.

Your words. This shared feast.



Our most important requirement for participation: There’s really only one absolute, no ifs, ands or buts about it Five Minute Friday rule: you must visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.


OK, are you ready? Here is my best five minutes on:::

Voice…

START

When I was young, I did not believe that I was lovable, or good, or worthy of love.  I went through many years of my life looking for the feeling of love.  I thought that love was something that had to be pursued.  I used to think that I didn't have a voice because of the things that happened to me.  I thought that my past was so bad, it took my voice from me.  That I couldn't ever make it back to my Heavenly Home.  I used words to try and get attention for others, but I didn't have a voice to make my heart heard.  I have had to learn that I do have a voice.  That no one can take anything from me permanently.  I have a voice in how the past affects my present and my future.  I have a choice to have a voice in the world around me.  I have a voice as a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend and a woman.  I might not have had a voice in my past, but I choose to have a voice now.  That voice gives me hope.  It gives me strength.  It gives me love.  I choose to use my voice. 

STOP 

4 comments:

  1. We ARE new creatures in Christ! The old HAS passed away!

    Amen! Use your voice!

    ~traci
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true; we do have a voice. We do have a choice to change and we always have the voice of hope. I have loved your thoughts on hope.
    Blessings to you for your voice.

    ReplyDelete