When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, October 5, 2012

31 Days of Hope - Day 5 - Five Minute Friday

I love Fridays.  Especially when I visit over at Lisa Jo's for her weekly Five minute Friday.  I wasn't sure I would be able to work my 31 day series into my Five Minute passion.  Turns out, it is not a problem at all.  So, if you are like minded, set your timer, clear your head for five minutes to just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.

2. Link back over at Lisa Jo's and invite others to join in.

3. And then absolutely, no ifs, and's or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you and encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..



WELCOME.......

START

I welcome the feelings of hope that are starting to nestle within my breast.  The warm feelings of might be's, maybe's, and possibilities.  I welcome the comfort of hope that begins in the dark, stubborn places of my heart and slowly spreads into my thoughts and finally my actions.  The knowledge that the difficulties I am facing will somehow all work out.  Maybe not quite the way I would choose them to be, but still, a way that we can live with, forgive and understand.  I can't change the past.  I can't fix the start, and I can't see the ending, I didn't want the beginnings, but here, sitting in the middle of hard places, I can welcome the hope of the finish.  I can welcome the rainbow that comes after the rain.  I can welcome the thought that if I just continue to show up and try to do the right thing, the sun will rise again, the dawn will come, and hope will whisper on my shoulder. Life will go on and happiness is right around the corner; waiting to welcome me home.

STOP

Now it is your turn.  What can you write in your own five minutes?



2 comments:

  1. This is great. Such a great reminder for me. The Lord has shown me some hope today in the midst of a hard place. Your words are beautiful. I truly enjoyed them. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete