When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Simple Things

Simple BPM

Today, I am linking up again with Mama Kat over at Mama's Losing It for Thursday Writers Workshop, and with Undercover Mother  for the Bigger Picture Moments.
The rules are simple:  Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list HERE. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!


The Prompts:

1.) The simple things…
2.) Write an entry inspired by the word: Yellow.
3.) A memorable sporting event.
4.) Sex education! How old were you when you learned about the birds and the bees? Who taught you? Describe that experience.
5.) This month the theme of Oprah’s magazine is intuition…write about a time your instincts were wrong.
6.) Create a video where you share your opinion on when bloggers should stop blogging about their kids.

I chose The Simple Things, to write about this week.

Beware the barrenness of a busy life. ~Socrates



I live in a crazy world.  A helter skelter, chaos reigning, busy as a bee, world.  It seems to me as if I can't possibly fit everything that needs doing into one single twenty-four hour period.  Even if I didn't need to sleep, (but who gets everything they need?)  So, as I looked at the prompts for today, the "simple things" and "Whispers" really jumped out at me.  I had to wonder, just what whispers of simple things do I value?  What am I giving up to live the life that I am living?


The first simple thing that I value is my family.  They are my whispers of life, love and my world.  Although I know and understand that life is much more than just the few moments we spend here, I treasure each and every whisper in each and every minute that is spent with my family.


The whispers of laughter, the smiles, the hugs, the kisses, the teasing, the understanding and the love.  All those sweet, simple little whispers of joy that don't cost any money, but do take time.  I have discovered that all of the simple things in life are fleeting and whiz by way too fast.  They are so quiet, that if I am not watching and listening, I will miss them.  But they are also the things that I remember the most, long after the event has faded into dreams and years and sweet memories. 


I also place a high value on the simple whisper of faith.  The faith to keep me going through the hard times are well as the good times.  The faith to give me the strength to endure and push on when, what I really want to do, is curl up and cry.  The faith to know that all things will work out (even if it doesn't seem like it now).  The faith to believe in something infinite and good.  The faith to know that this really will pass and that I am doing exactly what I need to be doing.


The simple whispers in life are the ones that make me most aware of  the world around me.  They are the things that remind me to breathe in and breathe out.  To take a moment to feel, to experience, to hold, to touch, to taste, to hear, and to really see.  It is the simple whispers in life that seem to reach out and grab me by my heart.  They engrave themselves on my mind and my soul.  It is those sweet whispers that make me realize what life is really all about.


"Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences 
come from little things…
I am tempted to think…
there are no little things."  Bruce Barton

1 comment:

  1. Oh Patty Ann... I have missed you!!!
    PS. Your list of simple delights, is simply delightful!
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete