When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, July 8, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Grateful

Today, I am joining up with The Gypsy Mama for another, wonderful, Five Minute Friday.  It is my favorite, de-stress time of the week.  Do you want to take five minutes with me and just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. Here’s how we do it:



1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in 
3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard.

OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes for the prompt:


Grateful…




START


Oh, I love this thought today.  It made me stop, think, and just breath.  One breath in, and another out.  A moment to think of all the things that I am grateful for.  I am so grateful for the rain that is coming down, wet and heavy upon the forest.  For the beauty of the drops upon the thirsty land.  I am so thankful for the thunder and the lightening that make my pulse quicken and remind me that He is very much in control.  I am so grateful for my family, the love that we all share together.  The moments of laughter and tears, happiness and sorrow, love and abundance.  I am so very thankful for the life of my Savior.  For the blessings of His love.  For His guidance and example in my life.
I have learned that the more moments I spend being grateful, the more things I find in my life to be grateful for.     I am minded of the story of the ten lepers.  You know the one.  Where Christ healed them all, and they ran to share the good news with their family, except for one.  One came back and gave thanks.  One knelt at the Master's feet and remembered who gave him the gift in the first place.  Ten were healed that day, but only one came back to say "Thank you".
I am reminded that often, it is not enough to feel grateful.  We must also express that gratitude.  We must do more than just accept the gift.  We must thank the giver, hold the gift to our hearts, and breath in the gratitude, than breath it out in abundance.

STOP


Now it is your turn.  What are you going to say in five more minutes?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Thanks for the reminder of expressing the gratitude! The feelings aren't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post of gratitude. Yes, "we must ...breath in the gratitude than breathe it out in abundance."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I'm SO glad you finally got rain! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very well written post - beautiful gratitude showing ... love it.

    ReplyDelete