When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, July 22, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Full Heart


Today, is my favorite day of the entire week.  A day to relax, unwind, and just enjoy myself as I write for five wonderful, creative minutes.  No editing, no worry, just pure writing.  When I am finished, I will be posting my link over at The Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday.  I hope to see you there. 

The prompt today is:  Full


Definition of Full:  Holding or containing as much as possible. 

START

Whenever I think of full, I think of my heart.  Overwhelmed and brimming with love and gladness.  I think of those around me who fill my life to overflowing.  I think of family.  Children grown older and full of life.  Moving out of my home and moving on into their own. So grown up, yet still so young in my eyes.  I still remember what it felt like to hold them close in my arms.  To smell the baby smell and breathe in their sweet scent.  To feel the overwheming need to keep them safe.  To dream of the people they would become.
I think of those children having children of their own.  Those sweet little grandbabies that are somehow, so much a part of me.  I think of how my heart swells until it feels as if it will surely burst with all the love that is stored inside, and yet, no matter how full it feels, there always seems to be room to squeeze just one more little bit inside. 
I think of the laughter, the love, the tears, the sorrow, the joy.  All of these things fill my heart to capacity.  I think of the new baby grand-daughter that we are expecting soon and the way my heart fills with love for her mama and all that she will endure for this sweet, soon to be treasure. 
I think of a full heart when I think of my Savior.  My heart wants to burst with gratitude for His many sacrifices in my behalf.  For the many times when He carried me through my sorrows and pain.  My heart is full when I realize that He loves me perfectly.  In spite of myself.  He loves me, He loves me, He loves me.

STOP
Now it is your turn.  What can you write in just five minutes?


In a full heart there is room for everything, 
and in an empty heart there is room for nothing."
~ Antonio Porchia

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully said and I adore that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "grown up, yet so young" yes the cry of a mother's heart. Gratitude is my soapbox, I'm going to repost your quote one day, it's perfect. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote too. I might have to copy it over to facebook. :)

    I enjoyed reading your five minutes of writing. Very good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your 5 minute thoughts. It was a lovely post. I know that I can relate in everyway to how you feel. My memories were stirred; thanks to you!
    Blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete