When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, January 25, 2018

Our Inner David



This one gives me comfort when life is hard.  I think it is important to note, that although He allows us to face that Goliath, He does not leave us alone while we do it.  I also have found it to be true, that for every single struggle I face, I receive something in return.  It can be as simple as added compassion for the difficulties of others, or added strength for the difficulties that I will later face in life.  It can be my experience that gives me a baseline to help someone else going through similar circumstances.  It can be greater faith in my Heavenly Father, and a willingness to move forward with something that scares me.  It can be strength in opposition and understanding in His love. 
Regardless of what it is, the honest truth is that I find something about me changes.  It might not happen very quickly, but I change.   I might not want to be stronger, but I become.  I might not want to forgive, but, hopefully, I learn.
I have finally figured out that we are all going through hard things.  We don't have to try and "one up" each other.  The biggest fish story is not necessarily the best.  And there is no "extra credit" for keeping count.  Sometimes, the very best we can do is simply to endure and be willing to learn from the experience. 
Believe me when I say that I don't even like looking at trials as a gift, and I am not sure that they were meant to be that way, but Heavenly Father makes those difficulties become a gift to me by helping me along the way. 
He helps me to become "More Savior, like Thee". 

No comments:

Post a Comment