When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Two Cents

 
 
As I go through my struggles, it is hard to remember that not everyone else's opinions of me should count or do count in the grand scheme of things.  It is easy to have my day ruined by a customer that yells at me, or someone who is snarky to me.  By the person in the grocery store who runs over my foot or the person driving on the road and laying on their horn.  
I have discovered that it can be easy for my feeling to be hurt, for my heart to ache and for my anger to bubble up and sometimes even spill over.  
I am not sure why it matters so much, I only know that it does.  There are days when tears are right at the surface and when I literally can't face another bad word or angry person.  There are days when people can yell and I am just fine with it.  I have yet to figure out what in me responds in a bad or a good way.  
All I can say is that 2 cents doesn't buy us much today.  I remember when I was growing up and we would collect coke bottles for 3 cents each.  We thought that was such a lot of money.  And for children, it was.  
But sometimes I forget how little 2 cents really is and let it build all out of proportion to what is really going on.  I take that 2 cents and somehow, in my crazy world, it becomes equivalent to 10,000 dollars.   
So, as you go about your day, don't let someone else's belittling words matter more to you than they should.  You are worth so much more than the measly 2 cents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment