When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, November 19, 2016

Stressing about Life


This describes me to a "T".  I worry about everything!  I am way too good at it too.  
I worry about what people think.
I worry about what people are saying.
I worry about work.
I worry about my family.
I worry about every single should have, could have, and would have that might be happening.
In other words, I worry about pretty much everything.
It is a constant daily struggle to lesson the hold that worrying has over my thoughts and actions.  It is so much harder than I ever imagined to just let go and breathe.
I really am working on changing this in my life, but it just might be one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I know that it isn't healthy, I know that it isn't logical, I even know that it isn't necessary, but it is so very hard to change the patterns that have been in my head for years.
We all have struggles.  We all have things that we need to overcome.  Some of them are visible to others, and some of them are burdens that we carry inside of our hearts and minds.  So today, I am praying for extra help in overcoming the thorn in my side.  I have learned that the very first step in making a change, is to recognize that you need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment