When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, November 25, 2016

Giving Thanks

 
I have discovered that this is one of those sayings that rings true for me.  When I am thankful for whatever I have, I actually feel closer to my Heavenly Father, and I more often am able to feel His love for me. 
I love the holidays.  I love Thanksgiving and the transition into Christmas.  I don't love black Friday, or Cyber Monday, although if I had to pick, I would take the cyber part of it all.  I don't do well in big crowds of pushy people.  Especially ones who grab things out of my cart and walk in front of me.  The anxiety that I live with on a daily basis goes right through the roof.  My heart rate goes up, I start shaking and I just can't hold myself together. 
I have learned that there are some things, (and some deals), that just aren't worth it to me anymore.  When we focus on the things that we have to be thankful for, instead of all the problems and the worries and the wants, we start to recognize how very much we are blessed.  As I realize that in my own life, the troubles don't seem to hang over me quite so much.  Oh, don't get me wrong, they are still very much there, but they cease to be as all consuming as they once were. 
I love that thankfulness can unlock to doors of heaven.  I love to serve others, and nothing feels quite as good as a sincerely given "Thank you".  I can see God's hand in my own life.  I know that He loves each and every one of us.  I know that there are angels that help us here upon the earth.  Sometimes, they might be heavenly beings, but more often than not, those angels are walking among us, just doing their best to make a difference. 
I have decided, that part of heaven is found when we try to make a difference in the lives of others along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment