When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, November 5, 2016

A shopping cart





Oh my goodness, does this bring back memories for anyone else?  Or is it just me?  When I was a child, these simple carts were the best toys ever.  When we found one, we could make forts out of them, we could haul things in them, we could roll fast down even small hills.
If I had a nickel for every bruise and bump I got from a shopping cart.......
Besides, using them when I was a child, I will forever appreciate the store that let me use on to take home my groceries once a week.  I had six children and no car.  Usually I had the baby strapped to my chest, the bigger baby in a back pack on my back and at least one of the other small ones in the cart.  Shopping was very difficult as the kids could only carry one bag.  One day, the manager saw me struggle to get all the bags on my arms with the babies everywhere else and he introduced me to a shopping cart and told me I could use it to take my groceries home as long as I would promise to bring it back.
We lived a block away, just around the park from the store, so I would put everything and everyone that would fit in the cart, take everything home and then we would walk the cart back to the store.  What a gift that man gave to me.  I am sure it didn't seem like much, but I took it as an issue of trust and brought it back faithfully as soon as I was done using it.  It made my life easier as I didn't have to make more than one trip a week to the store.
The kids loved riding in it.  There was one place that was a small down hill and on the way back to the store, I would put them all in the cart and they would get to ride down the hill.  It never  got old for them.  It made us all laugh.  It brightened my day and made me smile every single time.
I love that life is full of small and simple joys.  I love that those are the things I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment