When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, March 6, 2014

Seven Days Without God Makes One Weak

Without God
I am loving this saying today.  Although I do think that "Fightday" just might come around more than once a week!  Of course, I have teenagers, so that seems to go with the plan. 
Actually, I love this because, in our busy lives, it can be so easy to take our Heavenly Father for granted.  It can be so easy to put Him aside for other things.  Sometimes, without even meaning too.  One of the things that I have noticed in my own life, is that when I let things go, for instance I forget to say my morning prayers, it becomes easier to not do my prayers the next time.  Soon, I am saying them in the car on the way to work, and pretty soon after than, they just disappear from my life all together. 
Satan doesn't tempt us with the big things.  No, he tempts us with the small things first, than as we move forward, he keeps tempting us.  At any time we are free to change, but change can be so hard.  We don't go from a covenant keeping, faith abiding people, to wickedness and evil in one action.  No, we think about what we would "like" to be doing first.  Then we watch those things, than we believe that one time won't hurt us, and soon we have lost our hold on the iron rod and wondered into the mists of darkness. 
We took the first step in taking God out of our lives. 
So, no matter what you are doing today, take a step back and thank Him for being there for you.  Put Him first and foremost in your heart and in your plans.  Involve Him in your day, and in your week.  He wants to be there for you.  If you feel that He is not, I guarantee that it isn't from anything He has done.  Invite Him back into your life.  Invite Him into your home and your heart.  He is waiting, hands outstretched, to meet you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment