When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, March 7, 2014

Like A Blanket


I had a baptism to go to for a friend of ours.  It is one of the young women that has been attending with Miracle.  To celebrate her special day, I made her a white blanket and wrote a poem.  I seem to enjoy writing poetry quite a bit lately.  I just want her to know that the Holy Ghost is such a special blessing in each of our lives.  He comforts us and guides us and helps us to find the way.  
I love the scripture in 1 Kings 19: 11-12
11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:
12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.  

The Holy Ghost is always there.  His is the still small voice deep in our hearts that will whisper the things we need to know, if we will only learn to listen.


Like A Blanket
By Patricia A Pitterle

When I am cold and sorry
And shivering in the night
I have a special blanket
That helps me feel just right

It keeps me warm and cozy
and brings me comfort too
I wrap myself within the folds
So soft and white and new.

This blanket has a meaning
I think of it each day
It reminds me I was blessed
In a very sacred way.

It reminds me I am not alone,
There is a quiet voice
The Holy Ghost speaks softly
And helps me make a choice.

He whispers with his spirit
right into my heart
I know that I am guided
As I seek to do my part. 

And as I learn to listen
And hear His gentle voice
He reminds me I am loved so much
The angels all rejoice.

And all my sins are clean now
and white as new found snow
Just like my special blanket
That reminds me it is so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment