When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Crowded in my own mind


The Crowds In My Mind  
by Patricia A. Pitterle

Time does not stand still.
My thoughts crowd with images

Of things past and 
Things to come.
My imagination takes flight
In worry and frustration.

I am exhausted 
And overwhelmed
With yesterday’s to-do list
And today’s need-to get done list.
Everything demands my time
And attention.

Mind racing from one thing
To the next
And round and round again.
Never quite arriving 
at the destination
That I planned on.

Dirty dishes, 
Unswept floors,
Laundry in piles 
Clear ‘till next week
I fight the crowds of "should have's"
inside my brain.

The ones that tell me 
I will never be 
more than this.
I will never be good enough.
I will never become 
Who I should be.

A waking child, 
Her eyes heavy with slumber, 
stumbles into the room 
and pulls herself 
into my lap.
“Grammy, I need to hold you”

I don't need to fight 
the noise anymore.
The crowds will wait 
until another time.
I sweep her tightly
into my arms.

For a moment,
I am exactly 
what I am made to be.
I am a heart to love,
arms to hold
and songs straight from heaven.

To her, I am enough.
She is loved, she is safe,
And we go over the edge,
Blissfully wrapped up together,
Into the oblivion
Of sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment