When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, July 11, 2013

Trouble Ahead


"Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and repeat to yourself, 
the most comforting world of all, 
this too shall pass".  
Ann Landers

Trouble comes and goes in my life.  Indeed, I can pretty much say that it shadows me constantly.  As soon as I get one problem taken care of, two or three more pop up to say "hello".  I have a hard time accepting trouble as inevitable.  I really have been guilty of thinking if I was only a better person than I would not have so many trials.  If I only made better decisions or if I didn't make so many mistakes, everything would work out better.  
This is especially true when my problems involve my kids (grown or not).  This weekend, we had family time.  Many members of my family came up the mountain to have a wild and crazy time with their mom and grandma for my birthday.  I worry constantly about my children.  Especially when they make choices that can cause them harm.  It can be very hard for me to "stay out of their business".  Yet, they love me, even when I tease them unmercifully and try and get them to go back to church, they still love me.  We have had some amazing times together.  
I can honestly say that I would not go back and change anything.  Well, I would try and spend more time with them, but otherwise, the troubles are what brought us so very close together.  The years throwing papers and taking pictures.  All the traveling and stopping at, Every.  Single.  Monument.  Along the way.  
I might not like the problems, but I love the memories.  I know that the good times pass and so do the bad ones.  Sometimes I get so focused on the moment I am currently in,  that I forget that the moment will pass.  I forget that the bad things will also pass.  Time will go by and I will learn what I need to know.   Eternity beacons me onward.  It is comforting to know that the difficulties will pass away.  They will not last longer than I can bear.  Joy, yes joy, cometh in the morning.    

2 comments:

  1. I love the thought " This to shall pass" and "Joy cometh in the morning. It is all true; but it hard to just get over one trial and then you get another. Just know you are not alone in this one
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped by from Five Minute Friday - but your link didn't work to your #FMF post, so I stopped by this post to say hi. Your writing is beautiful and I'm glad I got to read it.

    ReplyDelete