When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, July 4, 2013

Talking about our problems

Positive Focus
I saw this one and really needed it today (and probably for awhile now).  I think that I have been in a rut lately.  I have been so focused on the problems that I am having that I have not even paid attention to all the joys that my Heavenly Father continues to give me.  Looking at our problems all the time brings only the problems to the front of our minds.  It is, indeed, my greatest addiction.  It can be so overwhelming to me, that when someone I care about is having great problems, I feel them as if they were my own.  I worry about them, I can't sleep.  They consume me.
This is not healthy.  I don't want to feel like everything is my responsibility and my worry.  I need to let go of some of it because it is just too heavy for me to carry on my own.  So, this is my time to break the habit of talking only about problems.  This is my moment to discover joy again.  To feel it in my heart, to discover it as a new friend.  This is my chance to change my habits and find my joy.
I want my heart to know and appreciate the good things around me.  I am most richly blessed.


...but behold, my joy is full, 
yea, my heart is brim with joy, 
and I will rejoice in my God.  
(Alma 26:11)

2 comments:

  1. This is a very timely post for me. I think that we are a lot a like in our thoughts.
    I am tired also of carrying the load of struggles. I too must let go and trust the Lord in his timing and in his wisdom. Sometimes it is easier to say than do.
    Blessings for another thought provoking post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, so very true!

    ReplyDelete