When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Stay Thou Nearby


One of my favorite hymns of all time is I need thee every hour.  I especially love the second verse.  It is a plea to the Lord to "Stay Thou nearby".  That means that we are asking Him to be with us, to not leave us alone.  


I Need Thee Every Hour

I need thee ev'ry hour,
Most gracious Lord.
No tender voice like thine
Can peace afford.

(Chorus)
I need thee, oh, I need thee;
Ev'ry hour I need thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior;
I come to thee!

I need thee ev'ry hour;
Stay thou nearby.
Temptations lose their pow'r
When thou art nigh.

I need thee ev'ry hour,
In joy or pain.
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.

I need thee ev'ry hour,
Most holy One.
Oh, make me thine indeed,
Thou blessed Son!

Stay thou nearby!  Oh how I need Him to stay near me.  To walk with me, to protect me, to Love me.  I need to know he listens and answers my prayers.  I need to know that, no matter what my past has been, my future in Him is what matters most of all.  And so, I sing this hymn, and I feel His spirit near.  I really want to do what is right.  I want to make wise choices.  I want to believe that, with His Love, it will all be enough.  
Some days, my past comes back to haunt me with a vengeance, and the adversary whispers in my heart that I have sinned too much to ever be forgiven.  
I sing to remember that I am loved that He has a plan for me and that He has already atoned for my sins and my pain.  I sing to remind myself to become truly HIS.  

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite hymns too. I am actually learning on the piano a special rendition of this.
    I know I need the Savior and couldn't go through the struggles of life without that testimony of Him.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete