When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, June 3, 2013

Silence of Good People


"The world suffers a lot, 
not because of the violence of bad people, 
but because of the silence of good people."  
Napolian

It can be a hard world we live in.  I read this quote and it made a lot of sense to me.  In our family, we have all faced bullying.  We have all seen the mean-ness and unkindness of others.  I have had to try and get things worked out at school when other parents won't admit that their child is causing pain to others.  All in the name of popularity.  I have come to see that if we would all be willing to recognize bullying in all it's forms and speak out and stop it, then it would not exist.  
The saddest part for me is when parent contribute to bullying.  There was an instance online of mother that took pictures at the graduation ceremony of her 8th grader and than blogged about how horrible the girls dressed.  The problem was not that I don't believe what she said, the problem was posting pictures and the name of the school involved.  To me, any time we belittle or degrade people, it is bullying.  
I can't get out of my mind the council from Thumper's mother who said:  "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."  
So, before we criticize and put others down, take a moment to THINK:
    Is is True
    Is it Helpful
Does it Inspire confidence
    Is it Necessary
    Is it Kind

Together, we can make a difference.  Together we can change what the world thinks is OK.  Together we have a voice.  Together we can stop the silence of good people everywhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment