When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Being On the Fast Track to Nowhere!


"There is more to life, than increasing it's speed". 

Sometimes, I think that I never really understood that.  I had to become a Grandparent to see how much they really needed me.  Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love my children.  I have grown up ones and I still have ones at home.  The ones at home usually need me more right now, but that will change.  
All my life, I had to worry about paying the bills.  Where the money was going to come from for the little extras that all kids need.  I worked three different jobs at one time.  One for the Post Office, One delivering newspapers every night with the kids sort of taking turns.  And one job on the weekends shooting weddings and doing outdoor photography.  I used to take one of the kids along to carry the bag.  
All in all, I did my best.  I do think they know that they are loved so much.  But if I could go back and change things, it would be simply to spend more time with them.  To be where they needed me to be every single time.  
Believe me, I have been to football and basketball and track and music and singing with them, but there were always things that I could have done better.  I wish just once, that I could have been a chaperone on a field trip with them.  That I could have been home when they walked in the door.  I really wish that we could have slept through the night and not had to get up at 1:00 to go throw papers.  
The speed of my life has always been fast and busy.  I am not sure that I even know how to slow down.  I suspect that day is coming and that it will happen.  
I just want you to know that there is so much joy in life.  We experience less of it when we are so intent in increasing it's speed.  So, just for a moment today, stop and enjoy the journey.  Whatever part you are in, or wherever you may be on your own road.  Take a second and just enjoy your life.  Believe me, tomorrow it WILL change.  


“It is good to have an end to journey toward, 

but it is the journey that matters in the end.” 
~Ursula K. Le Guin~

No comments:

Post a Comment