When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Doggy Day!


So, my day today has been crazy!  Picture in your mind:  Day after the holiday, Post Office, lines out the door, angry people, pushing, shoving, yelling, and renting boxes.  Yeah, that pretty much describes the day.  No break or time off my feet for over seven hours.
I came home this afternoon and took a "power nap"  this is a half-hour moment that I can use to recharge and feel a little better.  The problem was that I fell asleep on the couch and the puppy got my glasses and used them as his new chew toy.  Sooooo, now the ear pieces are hanging off my head, I have chew marks on the lenses, and I still have to wear them tomorrow at work, because I can't read the addresses without them.
Then, (yep, it didn't end there) Miracle and I made brownies for the combined Relief Society and Young Women meeting tonight.  I hit the brakes and the pan of brownies flew onto the floor, showering both of us with nuts and frosting.
There are currently pieces of nuts all over the inside of my truck.  Luckily, the pan landed right side up, or we would have both been wearing even more of the chocolate frosting (I could think of worse things to be covered in!).  Miracle laughed and yelled out, "five second rule mom!"  I looked over at her and said, "I don't think the women in Relief Society would appreciate that rule".  She looked back at me, and with a smile on her face, she said:  "Mom, it is chocolate!  They are going to love it!  It doesn't matter that it doesn't look pretty!"  Well, relief society is over and the pan is completely empty, so maybe that wonderful young woman has it just a little bit right!
Move over diet!  Tonight, I need a little chocolate!  (and maybe a couple of Excedrine!)


Oh, sure, he looks cute here!  He is really a monster with teeth!  
But don't worry, I am sure that I will forgive him, after my new glasses are paid for!

So today, remember that everyone is overwhelmed every once in awhile.  Everyone has a hard day now and then.  Occasionally, life throws each of us a curve ball that we can't seem to hit, or even chews up our glasses so that we can't see.  No matter how much we are striving for perfection (or perhaps because we are striving), each one of us walks  through thistles and thorns during our earthly existence.  
Those things don't define us, but we are defined by how we go through many of those seemingly small things.  We get to decide how we are going to react to the hard times in life.  Sometimes, they can be really hard, and sometimes they can just be difficult.  But, we still decide how we are going to handle it and what we are going to do to get through it.  We can lash out at others, or we can learn to laugh a little bit at ourselves.  
Sometimes, we just have to have a day like this one and eat a little chocolate and remember one of my very favorite quotes:  "The bible often says, It came to pass.  It never says, it came to stay".  

No comments:

Post a Comment