When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Always Go For What Makes You Happy


I forget this sometimes.
For me, it is so easy to spend my time, efforts, and money on helping everyone else be happy.  It is much harder for me to spend those same things on myself.  Sometimes, when I focus on other people, it helps me to be happy.  I love doing things for others and taking time for them and working to provide for their needs and wants.  I love finding the perfect quote, or the perfect gift for them on the day that they need it.
But in doing everything for someone else, it become easier and easier to lose track of me.  I feel lazy when I try and take care of myself.  I feel like I don't have any worth.  I feel selfish.  I am not entirely sure where all those feelings come from, but somehow, they can be incredibly overwhelming to me.
Today, I am trying to take care of me.  I am going to the dentist and the doctor.  I am cleaning my floor and tidying the computer area.  I am reading a book.  There are so many other things that I need to do, but just for today, I am going to do what needs doing to help me feel a little better about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment