When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, October 9, 2014

Becoming Like Him - Day 9 - Join

For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester. There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing. You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.
I am sharing my journey for 31 days as I strive to become more like Him. My prayer is that you can find hope and peace in my words.


It takes nothing to join the crowd. 
It takes everything to stand alone.

START

When I was young, I wanted so much to be like everyone else.  Especially because I was never a part of the crowd.  I thought I wanted to be, I even tried to join them once or twice, but the things they were doing just weren't the things that I felt right about.  I had to make a stand, and I must admit, it was sometimes a lonely one.  It didn't help that I wasn't much of a leader.  I was someone who would much rather follow.  It was safer that way and didn't make people call me names.  The problem was, that they did not like the things I was doing (I suppose they weren't fun), and I didn't like the choices they were making.  
I walked to class alone.  I worked on my grades.  I wished for friends.  Then something rather miraculous happened.  I found a group with the same standards as I lived.  I learned to get along in a group setting.  I still wasn't comfortable being the one that came up with the ideas, but I was happy to be included.  
As I have gotten older, I have learned more about myself.  I am not someone who makes friends easily.  I do however, make friends that last a lifetime.  I have learned that I don't need to join a group just to join.  I make friends that have the same interests and love of ideas that I do.  We walk together, we talk together, we are there for each other.  The best part is that I no longer have to stand alone.  The more I work at becoming like Him, the more I find people who need me.  The more I am like Him, the happier I am.  
As time passes, I realize that I have never had to stand alone.  He was always, always by my side and that makes me part of His crowd.  That is enough.

STOP

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a video I love about daring to stand alone... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_92mKlQOlk I love it! :) And I LOVE how you point out that when we stand alone to stand with Christ - we have Him, and are never alone!

    ReplyDelete