When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Sunday, October 12, 2014

Becoming Like Him - Day 12 - Rest


For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester. There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing. You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.
I am sharing my journey for 31 days as I strive to become more like Him. My prayer is that you can find hope and peace in my words.



START

The Savior said, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).

"And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest".  (Exodus 33:14) 

Many of us are carrying burdens that seem too hard to bear.  Many are lost.  Many have stumbled.  Many have fallen away.  There are heartaches and heartbreaks.  There are trials of every kind.  Often, we feel alone and overwhelmed, and just plain tired.  It is times like these when I remember that the Savior did not promise that we would feel like this forever.  He actually promised us rest from our labour.  All we have to do is "Come unto Him".  
The scriptures contain many accounts of how the Savior helped those who were heavy laden.  He caused the blind to see, the deaf to hear and the lame to walk.  He healed the sick and raised the dead.  He fed the thousands and comforted the weary.  He taught of peace.  He taught of love.  He taught of kindness to both friends and strangers.  
He endured His own trials during His mortal ministry.  He was called names and beaten.  He was spit upon and mocked.  He was hung on a cross while a murderer went free.
Life is not, and never has been fair.  But I believe in Him and in His promise of rest.  The time will come when our burdens will be less sore and our hearts will be healed and our eyes shall see Him.  

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment